In order to introduce Credit Card Payment, it is necessary for the credit card company (acquirer) to vetting regarding business and industry. Generally, it takes time and effort to apply for documents and applications according to the card brand to be introduced, but it is possible to reduce the burden by using a PSP.
In this column, we will explain the details of the examination and the merits of using a PSP for card payment, which is indispensable for operating an online shop.
What is Credit Card Payment screening?
In order for e-commerce companies to introduce Credit Card Payment, a credit card company (merchants *) will conduct a vetting to investigate the creditworthiness. The products and industries handled are examined in advance. Here, I will explain the period and contents of the examination.
* If you would like to know more about acquirers, please read the column "What is acquirers? Explaining the mechanism and role".
The examination generally takes about two weeks. The examination may take a long time if the required documents or site contents are incomplete. It is recommended that EC businesses calculate back from the scheduled introduction date and hope for the examination with plenty of time.
Main examination contents
In the credit card vetting, the type of business, services provided, products handled, etc. are the main targets of the examination. In addition, there are industries and products that are likely to be rejected as shown below. The reason for not passing the examination is often not disclosed, so it is recommended that you thoroughly check whether there are any disadvantages before the examination.
Industries / products that are likely to be rejected
Things to prepare before credit card screening
The vetting criteria for introducing Credit Card Payment are set independently by each brand, and the details have not been disclosed.
Here, we will explain what you need to prepare in advance for the vetting based on the information that is known so far.
Prepare required documents
The required documents differ depending on the credit card brand and products handled, but the following documents are often requested by credit card companies.
• Seal certificate
• Qualification documents
• Permit (when handling products that require a permit)
• A copy of the registered copy
• Transfer account information
Preparation of cart function for EC site
You need to be able to browse the EC site, list the products for sale, and be ready to put the products in your shopping cart.
"Notation based on the Specified Commercial Transactions Law" posted
The following content must be posted on the EC site with a page called "Notation based on the Specified Commercial Transactions Law".
• EC operator name
• Contact information (phone number, email address, etc.)
• Selling price of goods
• Price other than the product price (payment method, decision fee, shipping fee, etc.)
• Payment time (prepayment, cash on delivery, deferred payment, etc.)
• Payment method
• Delivery time of products, etc.
• shipping method
• Return availability and conditions
• If the application has an expiration date, that expiration date
• If there is a hidden defect in the product, if there is a provision regarding the responsibility of the seller, the content
• If the transaction is related to software, the operating environment of the software
• If it is necessary to conclude a sales contract for a product more than once, that fact and the sales conditions
• If there are special sales conditions (service provision conditions) such as restrictions on the sales quantity of products, the details
• If the catalog etc. is sent separately by request and it is charged, the amount
• When sending commercial advertisements by e-mail, the e-mail address of the business operator
After reviewing Credit Card Payment?
After passing the examination, the EC merchants be asked to repair the system depending on the introduction method. As soon as this is ready, you can use Credit Card Payment.
If you decide to introduce Credit Card Payment
There are two ways to implement Credit Card Payment. It is a direct contract with a credit card company or a contract with a PSP. The features of each are shown in the figure below. What you do from application to contract completion differs depending on the method.
Here, we will explain the merits of using a PSP for e-commerce businesses.
For direct contract
When using a PSP
Benefits of using a PSP
The PSP plays the role of contracting with the credit card company and managing sales deposits on behalf of the EC merchants. As shown in the figure above, if you contract directly with a credit card company, you need to make an individual contract. Therefore, it takes a lot of time and effort for each credit card company to prepare the documents required for the examination and to communicate.
However, by using a PSP, you can make contracts for multiple credit card brands at once, which can greatly reduce the burden on them. In addition, there are other merits of using a PSP. For details, please refer to the article "What is a PSP? About the mechanism and benefits".
How to choose a PSP
Since each PSP has different services and features, please compare and consider the company that is suitable for the EC merchants before making a contract.
Points to check when choosing a PSP
• PSP service usage charges
• Types of payment methods handled
• Security system
• System safety and flexibility
For more information" How to introduce Credit Card Payment and how to choose a PSP Please refer to the article.
Why SB Payment Service is chosen
We acquired the international brand licenses of Visa and MasterCard in 2011 and UnionPay (UnionPay) in 2015, and as a card company called "merchants", we vetting of merchants and other PSP. We are doing.
We can flexibly support the development of new businesses, including payments, as we can provide a one-stop service from screening to the provision of payment services.
As mentioned above, our service provides many benefits to merchants.
If you are an e-commerce merchants considering the introduction of Credit Card Payment, please contact us.