What is Apple Pay?
- One-touch payment by Apple Pay. It's quick, easy, and safe.
- Payment is made with your card, which is added to Apple Pay.
- With Apple Pay payments, you don't have to enter complicated information such as credit cards and addresses. Prevents carts from dropping and makes payments easy and safe.
- When customers use their iPhone or iPad to pay in-application or on the web, they choose Apple Pay as their payment method, place their finger on Touch ID to authenticate, and the payment is complete.
- The screen image may differ depending on the connection method introduced by the merchants.
- It is also possible to introduce Apple Pay and other payment methods together with the online payment ASP provided by SBPS.
- The process flow for paying with Apple Pay is as follows:
- Some may differ depending on the connection method introduced by the merchants.
Connection method / compatible device
- The connection method when installing Apple Pay is as follows.
||In the application
||On the web *
||How to make a payment using the payment screen provided by SBPS
||Using the API provided by SBPS
How to make a payment on the payment screen of the merchants
- Apple Pay is available on all of these devices you own.
||In the application
||On the web *
|iPhone X, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus sold in Japan
|iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone SE
|Apple Watch Series 3, Apple Watch Series 2 sold in Japan
|Apple Watch Series 1 and Apple Watch (1st generation)
|iPad Pro, iPad (5th generation), iPad Air 2, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 3
|Mac models released after 2012
* Apple Pay is available in Safari.
- From the beginning of Apple Pay's domestic service in Japan, the merchants each service have introduced Apple Pay through our online payment ASP.
Apple Pay installation procedure
- To apply for Apple Pay, you need to have an Apple Developer account and have a sandbox ready.
1. The merchants make the following settings on the Apple Developer Site.
- Registering an Apple Developer account
- App ID registration
- Apple Pay Merchant ID Registration
- Make the necessary settings to start using Apple Pay, such as domain registration.
2. Apple Pay application procedure
- SBPS Online Payment ASP / Apple Pay application procedure.
- Please contact SBPS for application.
- When applying, you will need the certificate file downloaded from the Apple Developer Site.
3. Examination / environmental preparation
- We will conduct a review before using the SBPS Online Payment ASP.
- After the examination is completed, we will prepare and provide the system environment.
4. Start using
- After connecting to the system, you can start accepting payments by Apple Pay within merchants application.
- What is Apple Pay?
- A contactless payment service that can be used on iPhone and Apple Watch. Payment will be made using the credit card information registered in Apple Pay.
- What is the purchasing process using Apple Pay on EC?
- After selecting Apple Pay as the payment method, authenticate with Touch ID or Face ID to complete the payment. You don't have to enter your credit card number or address.
- What are the steps and preparations for introducing Apple Pay?
- To apply for Apple Pay, you need to have an Apple Developer account and have a sandbox ready. Please see here for details.
For other questions please see our FAQ / Frequently Asked Questions page.
IOS 10.1 or later is required to use Apple Pay. For devices that support Apple Pay, please visit https://support.apple.com/en-us/KM207105.
Apple, the Apple logo, Apple Pay, Apple Watch, iPad, iPhone, Mac, and Safari are trademarks of Apple Inc.
The iPhone trademark is used under license from Aiphone Co., Ltd.
For more information on Apple Pay, please see (http://www.apple.com/jp/apple-pay/).
For your PSP,
choose SB Payment Service
Reliability and full security & support of international brands